Presently, affiliated to Kazi Nazrul University, B. B. College is one of the leading educational institutions in the area, providing both general and technology-based education. The college boasts of a beautiful campus, spacious classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, state-of-the-art computer facilities, well-stocked libraries and a large playground. It offers undergraduate courses in various subjects of Arts, Commerce and Science streams (both general and honours). The college, in keeping with the changing needs of students, has introduced courses like BBA, BCA, departmental training courses for Dry Farming, Cultivation, Vermi-Composting, Sericulture Training and Soil Water Analysis. Three distance education study centers of IGNOU, NSOU and MAANU also run on campus. Soon, the college will embark upon the seventy-fifth year of its glorious legacy; and efforts are on to celebrate the marquee occasion in a befitting manner. We are hopeful that we will be able to nurture generations of enthusiastic learners in the years ahead. In 2010, the college was declared a â€œCentre with Potential for Excellenceâ€ by UGC and in 2011, it received Rs. 50,00,000/- as seed money for the Development of Basic Science Research (BSR). In 2012, the UGC introduced three effective career-oriented courses â€“ Functional English, Mobile Repairing, Vermi-composting with Organic Farming (both Certificate and Diploma Courses) for students of the college as well as outside participants. These courses continued successfully for three years.
The vision of Banwarilal Bhalotia College is to provide comprehensive education for
understanding human values, professionalism, social responsibilities and political awareness and inculcating a scientific state of mind in all sections of students, including scheduled castes,
scheduled tribes, other backward communities, economically poor students and religious
minorities, with special focus on female students.
1. We aim to provide profuse scope for versatile development of the youth, irrespective of caste, faith, gender, economical background, and religious or political affiliations.
2. To provide quality education to the students of all shifts and streams.
3. To develop academic programmes based on local/regional/national needs.
4. To pursue student-centric learning for self-development and skill development among students.
5. To nurture social and environmental awareness and responsibilities among students.
6. To introduce advanced technology in our existing academic system.
7. To create more affable atmosphere in the academic periphery.
"Education is the manifestation of perfection already in Man" : Swami Vivekananda
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs but not every man's greed" : Mahatma Gandhi
"True teachers are those who help us think for ourselves" : Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan